We have a new version (3.1) of the Showcase IDX Wordpress plugin available today as a Beta version.
The major theme of this update is better plugin compatibility. We have isolated a core cause of conflicts between our code and other plugins and found a way to fix it.
What this means in practice is that you should experience far fewer issues with part of the Showcase IDX experience not working properly. This is one of those fixes that is a bit anti-climactic, in that you'll simply have fewer technical issues, but won't really even notice when it's doing its thing :)
If you have had compatibility issues with our plugin in the past, we encourage you to try this version today. You are also encouraged to try using plugins you might have disabled in the past due to advice from our support team.
Main Plugin Incompatibilities Addressed
The main types of plugins that cause issues with Showcase IDX are ones that edit the page content or try to optimize loading of scripts and css:
- Optimizer plugins
- Caching plugins
- Image Lazy-Loading plugins
Installing the beta version
- On the Showcase IDX plugin page within your WordPress Admin (left sidebar WP dashboard navigation), deactivate the plugin.
- Deactivate Showcase IDX on the plugins page.
- Delete the old version of Showcase IDX.
- Click ADD NEW at the top of the plugins page and on the next page, there will be an Upload Plugin option in the same area.
- Download the plugin here and then upload the plugin to Wordpress via the Upload Plugin option. Once uploaded, click Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin. You will be prompted to log in to your Showcase IDX account (if you aren't already) and then choose the website available for activation.
Configure the default search URL (match it to what you had it set to previously)
Clear all your existing caches from caching plugins, optimization plugins, server caches, browser caches… all the caches.