- The team continues to be both hyper-vigilant and hyper-sensitive toward preventing spam - we hate spam and so do you!
- In continuation with our proactive stance towards eliminating pesky and annoying spam, we have recently implemented “honeypot” protection.
- This mitigative method and security mechanism immediately blocks forms from submitting when spam bot activity is detected.
- It doesn’t stop there! We are continuing to evaluate and implement new and proven methods based on industry best standards and add additional layers of security in our fight against spam bots.
- We are continuing to make sure you get the attention and keep your hard won leads! New listing alert emails (aka, search subscriptions) no longer attribute the listing agent or brokerage, so they stay associated with your website.
At Showcase IDX we know that having on-demand access to reliable and accurate data is critical for both your business and your customers. This is no easy task, as there are hundreds of MLSs, each with their own setup of compliances, and updates. Our dedicated data team remains hyper-focused on keeping up with the latest changes and compliances, so you can stay focused on what you do best. Here is a sample of some of the data updates and fixes we have addressed just over the last month:
- Stellar MLS
- Fixed HOA/Condo Fees on Condo property types
- Added directional suffix to street address
- RETS feed was deprecated and moved to MLS Grid
- Fixed mapping for Agent and Office IDs
- Fixed issue where bathrooms were not properly displaying
- CATRS (Tallahassee)
- Fixed calculation for HOA fees so they display monthly total
- Fixed issue with open houses
- Smart MLS ‘Coming Soon’ listings now show open houses in the future
- Updated San Diego MLS timezone to provide accurate open house times
- Garden State MLS stopped supporting Coming Soon listings
- Fixed issue with KAAR where some Single Family Homes displayed as Farm listings
- Added search filters for new construction and foreclosure to NJMLS
- Added school district to Northstar MLS
- MIBOR: Fixed an issue where multi-family properties were displaying as “for rent” only
- REIN: Fixed an issue where some Townhouses were displaying as Single Family Homes
- Miscellaneous feed compliance updates
The team also addressed a periodic issue where some streamlined amenity filters would not save when creating a search. Now all amenity filters saved in your search will remain.
- User experience is highly important to us, so we are dedicated to ensuring the best experience possible. As part of this effort we removed an unresponsive “x” close button from the hard registration prompts that appear when a user is searching, and gave the impression that the registration popup could be closed. That “x” close button is now removed, resulting in a more intuitive and streamlined user experience.
- Housekeeping is important, especially with all the exciting improvements and enhancements being applied recently! That’s why we continue to review and tidy up our code. Our latest example is the cleaning up of old code related to when we required leads to “accept” search recommendations, as well as preventing counts from updating for leads with pending searches.
Be sure to check back weekly for more updates as we continue to streamline and apply enhancements to the plugin!
- We just made it possible for you to quickly search within your search recommendations using our new search feature! (before/after screenshot - https://share.getcloudapp.com/L1uRvEr2)
- Now agents can quickly search within the search recommendations by lead name (first or last) or the name of the search.
- We also applied some enhancements and fixes to our Slack Integration, such as:
- Addressed an issue where an extra slash was being introduced to the URLs for “saved search” events, preventing them from opening properly.
- Enhanced event messaging displays "sent a message" instead of "asked" for each message.
- We get a TON of questions asking “What can I do to get the best results with Showcase IDX?” There’s so much that you can and should be doing! To help make this more convenient for you and to enable self-learning, we have added direct links to our Showcase IDX Support Center to the Agent Command Center/IDX Control Panel and additional resources
- “Support Center” link next to “Integrations” tab
- “Resources tab” next to “Settings” tab
- Support center
- Live Demo schedule and registration
- Approved Website Developers
- Affiliate program signup
- We care about accurate data, and understand that knowing which listings and searches your leads saved is critical for informed follow-up. As such, we fixed an issue impacting the saved/subscribed search and listing count.
- Now, for example, if a lead saves 10 listings and decides to unsave one of them, that number of saved listings will immediately update to reflect 9 saved listings. This is also true for subscribed searches.
- We also took the initiative to retroactively review and fix all lead profile pages for active accounts, so now all are up-to-date with the most accurate counts.
Updated the Billing page in Agent Command Center to reflect unsuccessful charges more clearly, including each service and product included in your invoice:
- If your card information on file for billing has changed or expired and can longer be used for payment, you will now see $0.00 when an automated payment attempt was unsuccessful. Click for screenshot
- Your invoices now clearly list each product and service included (e.g. ‘Premium - Monthly’ $99.95, ‘FMLS Passthru Fee’ $10.00, etc.; Click for screenshot
Improved the handling of lead ‘first seen/last seen’ dates on their profiles for more accurate reporting Click for screenshot
Updated the text on the SEO setting page from “Google Webmaster” to its new name – “Google Search Console”. Click for screenshot
Updates to Saved Search Emails
Previously, Saved Searches only emailed buyers of New Listings, or existing listings that matched the Saved Search criteria.
- The automated emails now identify which listings have experienced a price or status changes, giving buyers a better sense of market changes and opportunities, and agents more relevant opportunities to stay connected to their clients.
- The set of listing results in the emails won't change; they will continue to follow the filters on saved searches.
- The emails will now include additional information highlighting important changes to listings.
- A new banner indicates a change in Listing Status (New, Back on Market, etc), as well as details of any price changes.
For more information about Saved Searches/Recommendations, visit our Support Center.
Have ideas for future additions to Showcase IDX to improve your website and digital marketing? Visit our ideas.showcaseidx.com
- Fix RMLS corrupt image issue (a decent percentage of images in RMLS would be half-purple-tinted due to this corrupt). This has been corrected and all images updated.
- Fix issue with Realcomp & Stellar (MFR) images which would cause "no pictures found" placeholder to display on many listings.
- Fix ARMLS Open House times (time zone issue)
- Add "Coming Soon" status to Triangle MLS
- YES MLS renamed internally to NOW MLS -- all URL's automatically 301'd to preserve SEO
- MARIS migrated to MLSGRID
- Require new saved searches in search library to have a name
- Improve text displayed in our Slack integration for new leads & messages
Zapier 2.0 Update
We've completed a major upgrade of our Zapier infrastructure to add more data, fix numerous issues, and upgrade to the latest version of Zapier platform SDK. It keeps with our mission of having an open system that helps agents generate leads and send them to the system of their choice.
You MUST upgrade your Zapier connection within the next 30 days. More below.
We’ve released a new version of our Zapier application! Release date 7/21/2021. This new version solves some pretty significant bugs that were causing issues for customers.
What you need to do:
Unfortunately zap migration from the old version to the new version is not possible, hence your existing zaps will not transfer with your update and deprecate on August 20th.
To maintain your existing set-ups, we urge you to please configure your zaps again in the new, updated version of Zapier as soon as possible to avoid any disruption in your automations.
Here is what we fixed:
- Previously, sample data would flow correctly, but was often shortened when processed as a zap and sent to the final application for end user interaction. This new version addresses that error. The sample data structure is now identical to the data shared for end user interaction.
Old functionality example:
New Functionality example:
Originally - on accounts with multiple agents, leads may have been sent to agents who shouldn’t have received those specific leads due to lead routing settings. Our new configuration now facilitates greater communication and collaboration between our lead routing feature in our IDX and Zapier. Admin zaps are now more powerful in that they can see all new leads. Zaps for other users on your account will only have access to leads that have been assigned to them.
Previously, first time users received an “expired” message prompt in error when they were setting up zaps and connecting them to their IDX accounts. This has been resolved and first time users can now move seamlessly through the process of connecting zaps to their IDX accounts.
For more information about how to set up Zapier, visit our Support Center!
Please ensure that you install/update your existing Zapier application before August 20, 2021.
Fixes and data improvements
- Full Contact lead enrichment has been restored.
- Upgrade our listing image thumbnail infrastructure to be more robust and reduce corrupt images. Also now supports a backup/placeholder image in the case we have transient errors while creating the thumbnail. Previously this would result in a "broken image".
IDX Feed Improvements
- Launch Martin County, FL feed.
- Migrate WestPenn to Trestle (better & more timely data)
- Migrate Indian River to Trestle (better & more timely data)
- Migrate CRMLS to Trestle (better & more timely data)
- Fix bug where we would remove some Open Houses from our system after they started, but before they ended.
- Fix open house data feed in Triangle MLS.
- Fix open house feed for Rappatoni MLS feeds (Metrolist, CA), which had stopped working properly due to our recent RETS -> WebAPI upgrade.
- Standardize Open House time zone mappings.
- Start using the MLS-provided listing geolocation data from CREA (across Canada). Previously, we did all of our own geocoding of this data.
- Fix property type mappings for Sedona (SVVAR) MLS. Land was previously displaying as Single Family.
- Fix property type mappings for BARMLS. Multifamily were showing as condos.
- Map "Views" metadata for OneKey MLS to our standardized Views field.
- Normalize Lot Sq Ft to Acres in GFLR, MIAMI feeds.
- Improve "time online" calculation for MRED listings.
- Enable ListTrac for RMLS.